More on Malta

31 August 2005

Next time, I'm coming for a fortnight, at least. There is so much to see and do, I can barely scrape the surface. I particularly regret having to rush round the temples. We were late for the hypogeum and missed our slot, unfortunately. I wasn't that disappointed, in fact, because I don't think I could have taken much more in. Instead I suggested we went back the next day (although we couldn't get an appointment, that needs to be booked about ten days in advance) just in case somebody didn't turn up. That didn't work either and also meant we couldn't go to Gozo.

But I can hardly complain, because such riches have been mine and I will definitely come again.

We did go to Tarxien, where my overworked camera refused to function. Rose did the honours with the photographs and will send them to me, I will add them when I can.

Instead, on Saturday afternoon, we went to the beach and sat just outside an amazing cave. The water was clear - I only paddled but it felt like heaven. This was my last day and I felt like a rest, knowing I would have to get up at 4am for the ferry back to Sicily and very sad.

I will write much more about Malta, some time, some place. For now, I just want to thank Rose for her incredible hospitality, and her family for putting up with us both constantly disappearing over the horizon. Rose, as I said to you once before - Mi casa es su casa. You are welcome anytime.
!-- Start post reversal code -->